Sunday, November 21, 2004

 

Movie update...

Saw Sideways last night at the Mariemont. Really great! Starring Paul Giamatti, who played Harvey Pekar in my 2nd favorite film of last year, American Splendor, as a near-alcoholic middle-aged schulb who is taking a bachelor party trip with his college roommate, played by Thomas Haden Church (of Ryan's favorite TV show, Ned and Stacey). Really really really good -- funny, sad. Glad I took the trip out of the apartment, and it's not often I can say that about anything these days...

EDIT: Sorry, Ned and Stacey is Ryan's second favorite TV show, to Boston Common. How could I have forgotten?


Comments:
I saw Sideways with my family on Thanksgiving, and I did think of you, since we saw American Splendor together & you liked it so much. Sideways was definitely not my favorite movie, but it did have some aspects that I appreciated...it was sad, though. I actually thought of suggesting it to you, but I guess you've already seen it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?